Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sanguinary Priest Model Review

The Sanguinary Priest was first offered as a metal blister, and that is what is being reviewed here. It has since been moved to a resin cast model, so keep that in mind.

Here are the pictures GW offer to sell you the model.


The Sanguinary Priest is definitely in a dynamic pose. However, it does not really show just how far forward the model is leaning. It also hides the very bland top of the right hand with the narthecium. Having a bolt pistol is a little generic too. The solution is to grab a nice chainsword from the Death Company kit to make it appear the Priest is in close combat. The double bonus is that you then have a nice stand in model for Corbulo without having to buy him and his cup. Corbulo's chainsword appears to be fairly non-descript anyway on his model and not a particularly efficient purchase unless you have a particular affinity or compulsion to be a completist.




6 comments:

  1. What i find hard now with the sword is to fit him in the foam, as it's "wider" in that new pose... Maybe cutting the foam a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work out the foam details after I make the model ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sanguinary Priest model actually dates back to when it was included in the older Blood Angels Honor Guard boxed set. I still had one before ordering to more from the current line.

    For the sword I magnetized my three models backs and left arm joint to swap packs and weapons. Truth be told I tend to swap packs and use chainswords as their default weapon most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Corbulo, but for my rank and file priests, I use kit bashes of Dark angel Veterans (Love me some robes), Death Company, and green stuff Chalices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ran across your blog. Greetings from another Blood Angels (Angels Sanguine) player. I joined up.

    I have 2 Sanguinary priests of this pose I did 1 with the pistol and 1 with the Chainsword. I also have 1 in the honor guard. I am most particularly proud of the Sanguinary Priest in Terminator armor which I made. http://pitchedbattle.blogspot.it/2012/05/wip-complete-sanguinary-priest-in.html

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feldmarshal, I loved your blog before. I didn't realize you had started it up again! How was Italy?

      Delete